In these difficult times, the need for a strong and active pacifist movement is greater than ever.
We invite you to join other members of the Peace Pledge Union on 29th February in London, to hear more about our work over the past year – and to help us shape what comes next.
There are many ways to get involved with the PPU as a local activist, a member of a working group, an office volunteer, a Council member, a white poppy packer... the PPU is currently run by a very small number of staff and volunteers, and we warmly welcome others who have time to offer!
On 29th February, as well as conducting the formal business of receiving the annual report, approving the accounts, debating motions and announcing who has been elected to PPU Council, we will be reporting back on the progress we have made on the areas of work raised through motions at the AGM in June 2019, and exploring our four campaign areas:
- Everyday militarism
- Remembrance and white poppies
- Peacebuilding and nonviolence
- Military spending and recruitment
We will also be inviting you to participate in your choice of small group discussions.
- With no end in sight to high military spending and militarist policies under the current government, help us plan how we, as pacifists, can actively resist.
- Tell us how you would like to be involved in the PPU and how we can support you.
- Join us in considering how we increase the diversity of people involved in our movement.
- Help us to explore our equality and respect policy and how we put it into practice.